Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cork Trivet: 30 Days of Creativity: Day 8

Cork Trivet


I will admit I've been wanting to make one of these for a long time.  It's an idea that floats in and out of my thoughts.  But I saw that the theme of today's Day of Creativity Challenge was recycle.  

Then I got a call that our house is going under contract!  Hooray!  Not two minutes later, I looked in my pantry and saw this:


What?  How do I have that many corks?  I am not going to move all of those in a jar!  Plus, I want to use the jar for sun tea.


 I also found this box that used to hold my Amy Butler pattern cards.  I've filed them away and now the box is empty.  


One box + 24 enjoyed bottles of wine = an upcycled trivet!



It took me awhile to organize them in just the right way to make them fit.  They're all slightly different sizes.  Once I found the right combinations of corks, I glued them together.  I guess I still have to move my new trivet to our new house, but now I am only moving useful things!



Perhaps we'll stay at this new house so long that I'll save up enough corks for these chairs:



That would be a lot of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...